Monday, March 13, 2017

Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara


What would be your last meal on earth?  I hate that question, so I apologize for asking you.  But now you have to answer, so do it.  The question stresses me out, because I love too much food!  Would it be an indulgent short rib dish?  Something Mexican?  An entire chocolate cake??  I can't decide!!  Pasta is definitely high on the list, and specifically Spaghetti Carbonara.  Pasta in a creamy egg sauce with bacon, I mean, come ON!  It's always my go-to order at a nice Italian restaurant.  However, since I can't eat like there will be no tomorrow EVERY night, I like to modify my favorites to make them slightly healthier.  Like this carbonara dish made with spaghetti squash!  

I followed this recipe and modified it by using whole milk instead of ricotta (because it's what I had on hand).  It was so tasty, and a fun variation of the classic dish.  Of course if it really WAS my last night alive, I would throw the squash straight out the window and go for the real stuff.     

No comments:

Post a Comment