Thursday, January 14, 2016

Veggie Quesadillas


My 17 month old - LoLo we often call her - is obsessed with Elmo.  And "Ah-skah!"  And Bernie (she sees Bert and Ernie as one person).  So over the holidays, my mom bought her a Sesame Street cookbook.  She walks around the house reading it (and has torn out a page or two for safe keeping/crumbling).  The best part about the book - other than the yummy recipes - is that we found out Elmo's birthday is the day before mine.  I know what cake I'm making for my 35th this year!

As I mentioned, the book is also full of yummy recipes, and for some reason London keeps turning to the Veggie Quesadilla page!  So for Taco Tuesday this week, I made my own version and no, the big kids did not eat them (plain old cheese and ground turkey for them).  I saut�ed sweet onions, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli rabe, yellow squash and sweet baby red peppers...    


...in olive oil with salt and pepper...


...and then in another skillet (that I sprayed with cooking spray), I placed the veggies and a Mexican cheese blend in between two spinach tortillas and cooked them until the cheese was bubbly and delicious.  We served them with greek yogurt, avocado and hot sauce, alongside a salad.  

Meatless Tuesday!  But I totally ate some of my kid's ground turkey, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment